Apply online for Green Card or Work Permit


Are you a foreign national interested in working in the US? You will need a work visa to be legally employed in the United States. There are several types of work visas available for foreign nationals who want to work in the United States including temporary work visas, seasonal work visas, and exchange worker visas.
The type of visa you may be eligible for will depend on the type of work you do, whether you have a relationship with an employer, and, in some cases, your country of origin. Here's information on each type of US work visa, including eligibility and requirements, plus information on how to apply for a visa to work in the United States.

Types of Green Cards

Individuals can become eligible for permanent residence and a green card through several ways, including marriage and employment. Individuals seeking a green card through employment can apply from their home country once they are assigned an immigrant visa number, which is organized based on the following preferences:
Individuals with special abilities, distinguished academics, professors, and researchers, and international executives are eligible for First Preference Permanent Residency or an immigrant visa. Evidence can range from Pulitzer or Nobel Peace Prizes and Athletic Awards to Professional Associations and Publications.
Professionals with an advanced degree or workers with exceptional talent. This also includes foreign nationals interested in a National Interest Waiver
Skilled workers and professionals are eligible for Third Preference green cards. Workers are required to have at least two years of experience and professionals usually require degrees from accredited universities.
Individuals under special circumstances like Translators, Armed Forces Members, NATO-6 employees, certain religious workers, and Employees of global organizations.
Immigrant investors who are willing to invest between $500,000-$1,000,000 in a venture that creates at least ten new jobs for U.S. citizens or other lawful permanent residents are eligible for fifth preference green cards.
It is possible to become a permanent resident (Green Card holder) of the United States through a job or offer of employment. There is also a lottery program that provides a limited amount of green cards for successful applicants. However, some categories require a certification from the U.S. Department of Labor to show that there are not enough U.S. Workers who are able, willing, qualified, and available in the geographic area where the immigrant is to be employed and that no American workers are displaced by foreign workers. Also, there are specialized job categories that may enable you to get a visa based on your current or past employment. Contact us to apply for your green card and for more information.


Green cards, formally known as "United States Lawful Permanent Residency," authorize an individual to live and work in the United States permanently, and allow them to apply for citizenship after a number of years of residency, with exceptions made for those who marry U.S. citizens or come to the country as refugees. A permanent resident does not hold the same status as a United States Citizen, but an adjustment of status eventually becomes an option. Foreign Nationals first hold Conditional Permanent Resident for a number of years depending on their status before they are eligible to become citizens. While green cards can be obtained through family, investment, refugee status, and other special conditions, green cards can also be obtained through employment.

Eligibility for an EAD

US citizens and permanent residents do not need an Employment Authorization Document or any other working permit to work in the United States, other than their Green card if they are a permanent resident. All employees, however, including US citizens and permanent residents do need to prove eligibility to work in the US. The Employment Authorization Document is proof to your employer that you are legally allowed to work in the United States. The following categories of foreign workers are eligible to apply for an Employment Authorization Document: • Asylees and asylum seekers • Refugees • Students seeking particular types of employment • Foreign nationals in the United States pursuing the final stage of permanent residence • Nationals of certain countries given Temporary Protected Status (TPS) due to conditions in their home countries • Fiances and spouses of U.S. citizens • Dependents of foreign government officials • J-2 spouses or minor children of exchange visitors • Other workers depending on circumstances. Additionally, many beneficiaries and their dependents are eligible to work in the United States or more specifically for a certain employer as a result of their non-immigrant status. However, if you are not sure or do not belong to any of the above categories but you happen to find yourself in the US and you need to work, please contact us (

General Information of Work Permit

What Is A US Work Visa (Work Permit)?
What's a US work visa, and why do you need one? A visa is a document that provides authorization for travel to and admittance to the United States. Prior to visiting, working, or immigrating to the USA, a citizen of a foreign country generally must first obtain a US visa. The visa provides entry to the US and, depending on the type of visa obtained, may provide authorization for employment in the US. Having a visa does not guarantee entry to the US. However it does indicate a consular officer at a US Embassy or Consulate has determined you are eligible to seek entry for the specific purpose listed on the visa. Remember, we are here to help you obtain everything available on our website without any stress. All United States employers are required to confirm that employees are legally able to work in the US. If an individual is not a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States they will need a permit to work, officially known as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), to prove eligibility to work in the US. It is the responsibility of both parties to show and require proof of legal employment status. Employees are required to prove that they are authorized to work in the US, and employers are required to verify the identity and eligibility to work for all new employees.
Foreign Nationals Permitted to Work in the US
There are several categories of foreign workers permitted to work in the United States including permanent immigrant workers, temporary (non-immigrant) workers, and student and exchange workers. The categories of workers permitted to work in the U.S. include: • Citizen of the United States • Non-citizen national of the United States • Lawful permanent resident • An alien authorized to work

Foreign workers authorization for work permit

Temporary (non-immigrant) Workers
A temporary worker is an individual seeking to enter the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. Non-immigrants enter the United States for a temporary period of time, and once in the United States, are restricted to the activity or reason for which their non-immigrant visa was issued.
Permanent (Immigrant) Workers
A permanent worker is an individual who is authorized to live and work permanently in the United States.
Students and Exchange Visitors
Students may, under certain circumstances, be allowed to work in the United States. However, they must obtain permission from an authorized official at their school.
The authorized official is known as a Designed School Official (DSO) for students and the Responsible Officer (RO) for exchange visitors. Exchange visitors may be eligible to work temporarily in the US via the exchange visitor program.

How to Individually Get a Permit to Work in the US Directly from the USCIS without the Help of the VISA TRAVEL TEAM

An Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as an EAD card, work permit, or working permit, is a document issued by VISA TRAVEL TEAM from the authorities of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that proves that the holder is authorized to work in the United States. An EAD is a plastic card that is usually valid for one year and is renewable and replaceable. Applicants for an EAD can request: • Permission to accept employment • Replacement (of a lost EAD) • Renewal of permission to accept employment